Migrainepage Discussion Forum

"back to back migraines"

Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Home Conferences Migraine Discussion (Protected)
Original message

ladybugs2 Click to EMail ladybugs2Click to check IP address of the poster Sep-22-00, 01:33 PM (CMT)
"back to back migraines"
This is new for me, yesterday at 1pm my migraine started, then got through a cycle really fast and it was over at about 6:30 pm then aura started again at 7pm, just half hour later, woke up this am with mild HA and by 7:30 aura started again! Three migs right in a row, none really bad, about a 4, but I haven't ever had then bounce back like that with a new aura each time. Anyone else have this happen? I just got over it for the most part and I am just waiting for the next now. ~Debra

Table of contents

RE: back to back migraines, trix, Sep-22-00, (1)
RE: back to back migraines, ladybugs2, Sep-22-00, (2)
RE: back to back migraines, gloria1, Sep-22-00, (3)
RE: back to back migraines, lori, Sep-24-00, (4)
RE: back to back migraines, ladybugs2, Sep-24-00, (5)

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic
Messages in this topic

trix Click to EMail trixClick to check IP address of the poster Sep-22-00, 02:10 PM (CMT)
1. "RE: back to back migraines"
Hi there, have had that happen a couple of times, and it's scary I keep think of it like the pre shocks of an EQ I know that if that happens I myself am going to be out for the count before long. Hopefully yours aren't headed for that direction. Was there anything else different about these ones?

ladybugs2 Click to EMail ladybugs2Click to check IP address of the poster Sep-22-00, 09:22 PM (CMT)
2. "RE: back to back migraines"
Thjey don't seem to be as severe but my whole body feels very funny, I dont know how to explain it. I am having trouble speaking and geting my points across, my words are all mixed up. I had horrible pounding in my ears abnd now am very lightheaded and dizzy I have an awful pain in my shoulder and neck and when I smile, only one side of my face moves very much, it is lopsided. my fingers and hand and arm is all numb. I haven't ever really felt this bad post migraine. I called the dr and she said can get in in two weeks. That does me a lot of good. I just doint understand what ois going on with my head. Debra

gloria1 Click to EMail gloria1Click to check IP address of the poster Sep-22-00, 10:07 PM (CMT)
3. "RE: back to back migraines"
I HAVE FREQUENT SPEECH PROBLEMS. SOMETIMES THE WRONG WORD COMES OUT, AND SOMETIMES THEY JUST COME OUT MESSED UP. DO YOU FEEL LIKE YOUR BRAIN AND YOUR MOUTH ARE ABOUT 5 SECS. APART? I ALSO BECOME DISORIENTED. I SOMETIMES DON'T REALIZE THAT I AM ACTING DIFFERENT UNTIL MY HUSBAND POINTS IT OUT. I HOPE THIS PASSES FOR YOU AND I HOPE YOU CAN GET IN TO SEE THE DR. SOONER. GLORIA.

lori Click to EMail loriClick to check IP address of the poster Sep-24-00, 07:44 PM (CMT)
4. "RE: back to back migraines"
This happened to me last week and i ended up in ER for a cat scan. Seems possible that a med called max-alt cause this. The docs didn';t confirm but I believe this to be true. Did you take any new meds lately? I had 4 auras w/migraine in 24 hours, I was freaking out. Have you had a scan? Hope it's better now. I sit around myself and wait for next one. It's horrible and I have 2 kids, a 5 minth old and 4 year old. It's really hard getting through the days, with these worries on my mind.

ladybugs2 Click to EMail ladybugs2Click to check IP address of the poster Sep-24-00, 08:55 PM (CMT)
5. "RE: back to back migraines"
I haven't been able to get a sooner appt with the doctor yet. I cant seem to get through to his staff that this is important. I have no pain now but my eyesight is awful, the right eye is fine but the left is seeing thigns very blurry. They are so different it is hard to look at anything. I still have the numbness and such, but it is a littel better. I didn't take any new meds at all. I just dont know what brought this on, Thank you all for caring, I'll let you know what the dr says as soon as I can get in. ~Deb

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Please help this site run smoothly by reading and and following the rules.

DISCLAIMER: This website is intended to provide a forum for the free exchange of information only. The maintainer of this site (Ronda Solberg) in no way sponsors, supports or condones any of the advice given herein, nor supports the use of any medication, supplement, herb, substance or program, except pursuant to a licensed medical practitioner's care. In no way does the maintainer of this site advocate the use of any illegal medication, herb, supplement or other substance or the importation, distribution or sale thereof. Persons who have any question about the legality of any action that they are planning to take are advised to consult an attorney.

The views and opinions of posters to this web site do not necessarily state or reflect the opinion of this site's maintainer. Likewise, the maintainer of this site will not be held responsible for the availability or content of the sites linked to by this site, nor warrants or guarantees the information described or offered at these sites. Furthermore, migrainepage.com nor the maintainer of migrainepage.com does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, medicine, or process mentioned on this web site.

Questions or problems regarding this bulletin board should be directed to Webmaster
©1997-1999 by DCScripts. All rights reserved.