Migrainepage Discussion Forum

"Norco 10/325"

Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Home Conferences Migraine Discussion (Protected)
Original message

NORTON5 Click to EMail NORTON5Click to check IP address of the poster Apr-07-04, 02:21 PM (CMT)
"Norco 10/325"
Does anyone here have knowledge of Norco? I just started taking it. It doesn't seem to be working all that well. I was told to take 1 every six hours, but it barely dulls the headache, and after about 3 or 4 hours it doesn't seem to work at all.

also, it is really bothering my stomach.

any advise.

thanks
colleen

Table of contents

RE: Norco 10/325, lesherb1, Apr-07-04, (1)
RE: Norco 10/325, NORTON5, Apr-07-04, (2)
RE: Norco 10/325, lesherb1, Apr-07-04, (3)
RE: Norco 10/325, NORTON5, Apr-07-04, (4)
RE: Norco 10/325, lesherb1, Apr-07-04, (5)
RE: Norco 10/325, mikeyboy, Apr-11-04, (6)

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic
Messages in this topic

lesherb1 Click to EMail lesherb1Click to view user profileClick to check IP address of the poster Apr-07-04, 02:35 PM (CMT)
1. "RE: Norco 10/325"
I found this on the internet:

NORCO tablets (Hydrocodone Bitartrate/Acetaminophen 10 mg/325 mg) have been approved for the treatment of moderate pain. NORCO is the highest single tablet dose of Hydrocodone Bitartrate with the lowest level of Acetaminophen of all 10 mg Hydrocodone combination products indicated for the relief of moderate to moderately severe pain.

My advice? I'd take 2 but that is me. You might want to take some phenergan a little while before you take it to avoid nausea or take it with some food.

If this doesn't touch your pain, ask your doctor to prescribe something for severe pain. Good luck!

Łeslie

NORTON5 Click to EMail NORTON5Click to check IP address of the poster Apr-07-04, 04:01 PM (CMT)
2. "RE: Norco 10/325"
thanks for the advise. Is phenergan for nausea. I take composene supp. for the nausea i get with demerol, is that the same?

colleen

lesherb1 Click to EMail lesherb1Click to view user profileClick to check IP address of the poster Apr-07-04, 04:30 PM (CMT)
3. "RE: Norco 10/325"
Phenergan is for nausea. That is what I take before I take my percocet. It is also used (in my experience) with demerol whenever I have had to have an injection at the ER.

Is the Norco causing nausea or pain?

Łeslie

NORTON5 Click to EMail NORTON5Click to check IP address of the poster Apr-07-04, 06:48 PM (CMT)
4. "RE: Norco 10/325"
The norco is just causing nausea. I have always been given composene along with my demerol injections at the er.

Then when my neuro started prescribing demerol pills for my more severe migraines, it worked really well but the nausea was unbearable. (I found out that the injections you get in the er always have some sort of medication to prevent the nausea.)

My mom has been taking composene supp. to take at the very start of an M to prevent it, and it works well for her but not me.

I am going to ask my neuro for a script when I see him, but not unitl the end of June.

I was just wondering if the medication you were talking about may be better seeing my mom gave me some composene supp. to take with my demerol at it didn't work very well.

colleen

lesherb1 Click to EMail lesherb1Click to view user profileClick to check IP address of the poster Apr-07-04, 07:36 PM (CMT)
5. "RE: Norco 10/325"
If you can manage to keep a pill down, then phenergan is pretty good. Most doctors don't have a problem prescribing it. Call your doctor and see if he can call it into the pharmacy for you.

Łeslie

mikeyboy Click to EMail mikeyboyClick to check IP address of the poster Apr-11-04, 06:07 AM (CMT)
6. "RE: Norco 10/325"
Yeah, It's really vicodin 10/325. I take percocet 10/325 oxycodone instead of hydrcodone for mine. For the real bad ones that last for a few days I take oxycontin 40mg wich is an extended release form of oxycodone.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Please help this site run smoothly by reading and and following the rules.

DISCLAIMER: This website is intended to provide a forum for the free exchange of information only. The maintainer of this site (Ronda Solberg) in no way sponsors, supports or condones any of the advice given herein, nor supports the use of any medication, supplement, herb, substance or program, except pursuant to a licensed medical practitioner's care. In no way does the maintainer of this site advocate the use of any illegal medication, herb, supplement or other substance or the importation, distribution or sale thereof. Persons who have any question about the legality of any action that they are planning to take are advised to consult an attorney.

The views and opinions of posters to this web site do not necessarily state or reflect the opinion of this site's maintainer. Likewise, the maintainer of this site will not be held responsible for the availability or content of the sites linked to by this site, nor warrants or guarantees the information described or offered at these sites. Furthermore, migrainepage.com nor the maintainer of migrainepage.com does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, medicine, or process mentioned on this web site.

Questions or problems regarding this bulletin board should be directed to Webmaster
©1997-1999 by DCScripts. All rights reserved.