Migrainepage Discussion Forum

"Migraine dream state... foggy and weird, almost real to life"

Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Home Conferences Migraine Discussion (Protected)
Original message

Catherine Click to EMail CatherineClick to view user profileClick to check IP address of the poster Feb-07-05, 11:17 AM (CMT)
"Migraine dream state... foggy and weird, almost real to life"

It hink it is common for us migrainers to have bad dreams when we have a migraine during sleep. We've discussed this before.

What I find is that when I wake with a migraine and I take my triptan and I try to sleep it off, I'm in mild to moderate migraine pain and I feel like I'm in more of a fog than dreaming. I often wonder if I'm even asleep at times. I dream that I'm lying with my head in my boyfriends lap and worried that I'm ruining his day, or that I'm lying in bed and its getting late and I have things to do today. I dream that I've taken my pills only to waken and find out I didn't and I'm feeling worse. I need to nudge myself very hard to get out of this dreamy fog to wake up and take my meds...

Only to wake and find reality a little different than my dreams. I could have sworn most of my foggy dreams were real. They were very true to life, very real. I wake up feeling like I've been lying there in a fog for hours and hours.

Its not that I'm drugged. I've often not even taken anything more than an amerge, sometimes one Tylenol #3, so its the migraine itself that does this to me.

Its just so foggy and weird all the time. Anyone else?

Catherine

Table of contents

RE: Migraine dream state... foggy ..., genxgirl, Feb-07-05, (1)
RE: Migraine dream state... foggy ..., Catherine, Feb-07-05, (2)

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic
Messages in this topic

genxgirl Click to EMail genxgirlClick to view user profileClick to check IP address of the poster Feb-07-05, 11:24 AM (CMT)
1. "RE: Migraine dream state... foggy and weird, almost real to life"
This happens to me...though it is not always migraine related, sometimes it happens when I am just really, really exhausted.

I often dream that I am asleep trying to wake up. I can't move a muscle, everyone around me thinks I am asleep and I desperately try to swim up from my subconscious any way I can...

It is very disturbing, like being paralyzed. I can't open my eyes but a smidge, and often I spend the dream just trying to make a noise and open my eyes.

Sometimes I succeed in "waking up" in the dream, and sometimes I even get up to do things, but I always end up back where I started, dreaming that I asleep and can't wake up.

I hate those dreams. It feels like maybe I sleeping a little too heavily and my brain wants to wake itself up so that it does not slip too far down...

Catherine Click to EMail CatherineClick to view user profileClick to check IP address of the poster Feb-07-05, 05:19 PM (CMT)
2. "RE: Migraine dream state... foggy and weird, almost real to life"
I've had those deep nudge yourself, almost hvae to pinch yourself to get out of it, but these are different. I don't even know that I'm not awake most of the time. I actually think I'm awake, everything seem real.

I'm dreaming real things, like lying with my head in my boyfriends lap and feeling like I'm ruining his day, I would really do that, or think that in real life. Then at some point I start dreaming something else that is very real life and I don't know that I've switched over, and next thing I know 2 or 3 hrs have passed and I'm trying to wake myself up.

I don't remember going through this years ago. It only seems to be the last couple of years maybe. It happen when I'm in an mild migraine state, maybe that's the difference, without the new preventatives and abortives I never used to have much of this mild migraine state.

Catherine

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Please help this site run smoothly by reading and and following the rules.

DISCLAIMER: This website is intended to provide a forum for the free exchange of information only. The maintainer of this site (Ronda Solberg) in no way sponsors, supports or condones any of the advice given herein, nor supports the use of any medication, supplement, herb, substance or program, except pursuant to a licensed medical practitioner's care. In no way does the maintainer of this site advocate the use of any illegal medication, herb, supplement or other substance or the importation, distribution or sale thereof. Persons who have any question about the legality of any action that they are planning to take are advised to consult an attorney.

The views and opinions of posters to this web site do not necessarily state or reflect the opinion of this site's maintainer. Likewise, the maintainer of this site will not be held responsible for the availability or content of the sites linked to by this site, nor warrants or guarantees the information described or offered at these sites. Furthermore, migrainepage.com nor the maintainer of migrainepage.com does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, medicine, or process mentioned on this web site.

Questions or problems regarding this bulletin board should be directed to Webmaster
©1997-1999 by DCScripts. All rights reserved.