Migrainepage Discussion Forum

"Has anyone taken Pizotifen?"

Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Home Conferences Migraine Discussion (Protected)
Original message

dizzyflower Click to EMail dizzyflowerClick to check IP address of the poster Oct-16-09, 06:01 AM (CMT)
"Has anyone taken Pizotifen?"
Hello everyone. If you happen to have taken this medication, I just wondered what it was like for you. I am on day 3 of it and feel worse than before which I sort of expected, but wondered how long before any benefit? So far I feel more sick and more tired.

Day one I slept a lot and wanted the entire biscuit barrel. Day 2 I felt dizzy and a little more sick and tired although I did manage to do stuff. Today I feel more sick and can't even stand the texture of spread on toast without feelig sick and the visual disturbances are really bad without my reading glasses, but if I try to move around wearing them I feel dizzy. How long do I give this a go? I'm o9nly on the small starter dose!

Di

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of contents

RE: Has anyone taken Pizotifen?, estre004, Oct-16-09, (1)
RE: Has anyone taken Pizotifen?, Ella, Oct-16-09, (2)
Has anyone taken Pizotifen?, WitsEnd, Oct-18-09, (3)
RE: Has anyone taken Pizotifen?, theresae, Oct-19-09, (4)
RE: Has anyone taken Pizotifen?, dcook60, Oct-19-09, (5)
RE: Has anyone taken Pizotifen?, kathy, Oct-20-09, (6)
RE: Has anyone taken Pizotifen?, dizzyflower, Oct-21-09, (7)
RE: Has anyone taken Pizotifen?, dizzyflower, Oct-21-09, (8)

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic
Messages in this topic

estre004 Click to EMail estre004Click to check IP address of the poster Oct-16-09, 07:19 AM (CMT)
1. "RE: Has anyone taken Pizotifen?"
You've probably already looked this up but what you are experiencing sounds pretty normal for this drug.

http://www.medicinenet.com/pizotifen-oral/article.htm

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Ella Click to EMail EllaClick to check IP address of the poster Oct-16-09, 01:45 PM (CMT)
2. "RE: Has anyone taken Pizotifen?"
I tried this a few years ago but it was impossible. Apart from the hugely increased appetite I couldn't cope with the extreme tiredness. I work full time so sleeping a lot more was never an option. I found this with another prevantative but can't remember its name.

WitsEnd Click to EMail WitsEndClick to view user profileClick to check IP address of the poster Oct-18-09, 11:22 AM (CMT)
3. "Has anyone taken Pizotifen?"
Hi, I have taken this in the past, during breaks from my beta blockers. I was advised that it could take up to two weeks to work.

The only side effect I ever has was feeling sedated. Felt like a zombie a lot of the time and trying to get up in the morning was a nightmare.

I had two runs with it where it did work and only came off it because of the above mentioned side effect.

Third time I was prescribed it, it didn't work at all.

I hope this horrible feeling you are having doesn't last.

theresae Click to EMail theresaeClick to check IP address of the poster Oct-19-09, 03:48 AM (CMT)
4. "RE: Has anyone taken Pizotifen?"
Hi i took pizotifen 5 years ago and it didnt help at all, i put on weight very quickly, and was so tired all of the time, i slept such alot and then when i did drag myself out of bed i was disorientated and lethergic, not great when you have a 3 and 6 year old at home, in the uk it is one of the first ones they dish out to you when you start taking preventatives, along with prozac and epilim, sorry cant think of generic names at the moment, i stayed on it for over 6 months i cant remember what dose, but it did nothing for me,

dcook60 Click to EMail dcook60Click to view user profileClick to check IP address of the poster Oct-19-09, 08:42 AM (CMT)
5. "RE: Has anyone taken Pizotifen?"
i'm going to post a link to two small-ish studies with this drug. no, i have not taken it. dianne

[http://content.karger.com/ProdukteDB/produkte.asp?Doi=112899}

kathy Click to EMail kathyClick to view user profileClick to check IP address of the poster Oct-20-09, 10:09 PM (CMT)
6. "RE: Has anyone taken Pizotifen?"
Call this a brain fart but I couldn't find what this drug is. All kinds of info on dosage, reactions etc...Anyway what is it?
k

dizzyflower Click to EMail dizzyflowerClick to check IP address of the poster Oct-21-09, 04:47 AM (CMT)
7. "RE: Has anyone taken Pizotifen?"
"Pizotifen (INN) or pizotyline (USAN), trade name Sandomigran, is a benzocycloheptane based drug used as a medicine, primarily as a preventative to reduce the frequency of recurrent migraine headaches."

Wikipedia.

dizzyflower Click to EMail dizzyflowerClick to check IP address of the poster Oct-21-09, 04:50 AM (CMT)
8. "RE: Has anyone taken Pizotifen?"
Thanks for the replies. The thing about it is that this drug is one of a long line I have tried and is not the first. All I seem to be getting is a battle with my hunger button which I am having to set back to what it was before taking it. I feel the same as before now I am starting to get over the worset of the tiredness. The lights are still there so far. I hope this works it is five years since this started and I havn't worked for nearly two because of it.

Di

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Please help this site run smoothly by reading and and following the rules.

DISCLAIMER: This website is intended to provide a forum for the free exchange of information only. The maintainer of this site (Ronda Solberg) in no way sponsors, supports or condones any of the advice given herein, nor supports the use of any medication, supplement, herb, substance or program, except pursuant to a licensed medical practitioner's care. In no way does the maintainer of this site advocate the use of any illegal medication, herb, supplement or other substance or the importation, distribution or sale thereof. Persons who have any question about the legality of any action that they are planning to take are advised to consult an attorney.

The views and opinions of posters to this web site do not necessarily state or reflect the opinion of this site's maintainer. Likewise, the maintainer of this site will not be held responsible for the availability or content of the sites linked to by this site, nor warrants or guarantees the information described or offered at these sites. Furthermore, migrainepage.com nor the maintainer of migrainepage.com does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, medicine, or process mentioned on this web site.

Questions or problems regarding this bulletin board should be directed to Webmaster
©1997-1999 by DCScripts. All rights reserved.