Migrainepage Discussion Forum

"Getting progressively worse"

Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Home Conferences Migraine Discussion (Protected)
Original message

heavyhead Click to EMail heavyheadClick to view user profileClick to check IP address of the poster Sep-23-02, 09:38 AM (CMT)
"Getting progressively worse"
My problems are compounding lately. I don't know whats wrong! Last month was riddled with migraines..though they never got out of hand they were chronic. They were mostly hormonal i think...starting 2 weeks before my period and lasting til a several days after.

Well....this month SUPRISE!! I got my period 2 weeks early So that means that the migraines NEVER stopped. I never got a rest. Usually i can count on 2 weeks if i avoid other triggers. I have at least another week of this nonsense

My fibro is also flaring up again My ribs have ached for the last 3 days. I DONT WANT TO GO THRU THIS AGAIN! I had been good since going off my methadone

I thought maybe the lack of pain (due to the medication) gave my body a rest so the fibro wasnt aggravated. Maybe I was right

Maybe because of the month of chronic migraines my body is weak and the fibro is back?

I have also felt very ill today and last night. I feel like i am having low blood sugar episodes. ALL of a sudden i get sick as a dog. Dizzy...nauseous...weak etc. It is happening again now. It is disabling

i feel like i am falling apart at the seems. Any advise?!?
hh

Table of contents

RE: Getting progressively worse, tmensink, Sep-23-02, (1)
RE: Getting progressively worse, Norma, Sep-23-02, (2)
RE: Getting progressively worse, heavyhead, Sep-23-02, (3)
RE: Getting progressively worse, Richard, Sep-24-02, (4)
RE: Getting progressively worse, thetsarisa, Sep-24-02, (5)
RE: Getting progressively worse, Micki, Sep-24-02, (7)
RE: Getting progressively worse, Stopper, Sep-24-02, (6)
RE: Getting progressively worse, heavyhead, Sep-24-02, (8)
RE: Getting progressively worse, Norma, Sep-24-02, (9)
RE: Getting progressively worse, dorothy27, Sep-24-02, (10)

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic
Messages in this topic

tmensink Click to EMail tmensinkClick to view user profileClick to check IP address of the poster Sep-23-02, 12:21 PM (CMT)
1. "RE: Getting progressively worse"
Hi Heavyhead,

I am sorry to hear your having a run of bad luck, I agree that your fibro is probably acting up because you are run down from the constant migraineing. Never believe that fighting a migraine straight day after day has nothing to do with the rest of your body, trust me our body gets physically run down pain is very draining.

You said you have been better since being off methadone?? Did you not need daily pain control, is that why you went off it, or did you have bad side effects? I ask because it sounds like you are in severe pain 24/7 at least this month. If it is a rare thing for you to be like this maybe they can give you something short acting to deal with the bad month, BUT if it is more than just a bad month and things are not real good otherwise I would be looking for something long term that could help you, now if methadone was not a good one for you there is many others that are completely harmless that you could use?? Just a thought.

I think it would be a good time to get back to the doctor and tell him/her whats going on. You obviously cannot go on with this type of pain. FOr obvious reasons but also it doesn't take long for a person to get terribly depressed and then you will be fighting several battles.

I will be praying you already have a good doctor, (hopefully) and that you will get some help with this.

Most importantly remember we are all here with you, and we all know what you are goig through and we are here for support, understanding and advice 24/7. if i can personally help with anything send me an email if you wish. take care bye roxy.

Norma Click to EMail NormaClick to view user profileClick to check IP address of the poster Sep-23-02, 12:38 PM (CMT)
2. "RE: Getting progressively worse"
Hi Johna--I agree with Roxy, it is time to see you dr and find out what is going on befoe it gets totally out of control.

It's not normal in those "prime of life" years for a period to be 2 weeks early. that is a sign that something is out of whack, and may be connected eith all the other symptoms.

As far as the blood sugar, you know the drill--keep some protein based foods, even some with fat, going in in small amounts throuout the day. That should help it hold steady.

I remember how bad you got awhile back, and i wouldn't want to see you there again. It sounded like the care you were getting at this last place was at least working out better than some in the past, so maybe they can help you sort this out.

Norma

heavyhead Click to EMail heavyheadClick to view user profileClick to check IP address of the poster Sep-23-02, 10:57 PM (CMT)
3. "RE: Getting progressively worse"
Too sick to look at the screen etc. I think it is an inner ear thing...i get it evry year it seems

Wnated to say thank you for the kindess and advice...didnt want you to think i didnt appreciate it

i'll be back when th e dizziness goes away
hh

Richard Click to EMail RichardClick to view user profileClick to check IP address of the poster Sep-24-02, 00:45 AM (CMT)
4. "RE: Getting progressively worse"
Ditto to what Norma wrote. Se a doctor quick and nip it in the bud.

Hang In There!

Richard
Ronda's Cast of Characters http://home.pacbell.net/seprgs/cast

thetsarisa Click to EMail thetsarisaClick to view user profileClick to check IP address of the poster Sep-24-02, 01:30 AM (CMT)
5. "RE: Getting progressively worse"
Could it be a withdrawal?? You said you went off methadonne.
Withdrawal may give you those achy feel, also tremors, nausea, cold sweats and whole other symptoms.
When I was taking a lot of Fiorinal C and then suddenly stoped, it took some time for it to get out of my system - two weeks even.
It took me quite a while before I've made the connection between my low blood pressure, tremors etc. and stopping taking the drug.
Just a thought???
Wish you were feeling better
Risa

Micki Click to EMail MickiClick to check IP address of the poster Sep-24-02, 05:13 AM (CMT)
7. "RE: Getting progressively worse"
Hi, I hope your feeling better now.

I know we live in the same area and the psycharist that I saw a few weeks ago was wonderful!!

They talked to me and listened to me about my pain didn't belittle me or make me feel like I was making up the pain. They also understood my frustration with the doctors and the mis-treatment/mis-diagnosis I had been given.

They also were willing to give me methodone or oxycontin right there on the spot to help me.

If your interested I can pass along the name and phone number. Micki

Stopper Click to EMail StopperClick to check IP address of the poster Sep-24-02, 05:07 AM (CMT)
6. "RE: Getting progressively worse"
There is a gift to the world out there named Saundra McKenna. She is a nurse midwife in New Mexico who is a real authority on women and hormones. She is well-versed in menopausal issues and has great intuition as well as a very strong scientific background.

I've never had the honor of meeting her in person, but she has treated me for the last two years with my very own formula for estrogen and progesterone. It's bioidentical, SOY based, not synthesized Premarin.

She is also completing a book with tons of information on self-help with hormones that will be out (Random House) momentarily.

Please contact her if you think you have hormonal issues. She has changed many of our lives. Tell her Troid Brett recommended her to you.

Her email address is saundramckenna.com
Hope you find some relief.

Troid

heavyhead Click to EMail heavyheadClick to view user profileClick to check IP address of the poster Sep-24-02, 12:11 PM (CMT)
8. "RE: Getting progressively worse"
Thank you all for the support. I am feeling a bit better now..i took a phenegran that i usually take for migraines. I remembered it was also for motion sickness...which in a nut shell was how i was feeling. Minus the motion *lol*

As for the question about withdrawl..that wouldnt be the case. I came off the daily narcotics many months ago. All i get now is a few percocet a month to try to relieve the migraines. My fibro is only being addressed with Effexor

The reason i went off the methadone was because i had a nutty dr at the time! I didnt trust his judgment and i was having some problems with the medication...and he didnt know enough about it to help me any.

I would go on the methadone again..but my family & husband had problems with it. If we thought i was under a legitimate drs care maybe their opinions would be different

Micki..i may just get that number from you. My dr thinks i need to see that kind of dr anyway. Maybe they could give me better care than i am getting now

My new dr will not prescribe anymore narcotics for me. He doesnt believe a healthy (his words!) woman of my age (29) should be on narcotics. He just will not do it

Thank you for the name of the woman who deals with hormonal issues. I may look her up as well!!

Thanks again everyone
hh

Norma Click to EMail NormaClick to view user profileClick to check IP address of the poster Sep-24-02, 12:30 PM (CMT)
9. "RE: Getting progressively worse"
Hey Johna--it might not mean anything, but I tend to get the vertigo thing at this time of year. Had a real bad episode in Oct of '98, and have had a much milder episode each year since.

Because of the timing, I have to assume there's an allergy connection, maybe producing some fluid in the middle ear or something.

Norma

dorothy27 Click to EMail dorothy27Click to view user profileClick to check IP address of the poster Sep-24-02, 03:14 PM (CMT)
10. "RE: Getting progressively worse"
I have to agree, Norma. Could be allergens. One dr suggested Allarest, I think. But most antinausea meds are antihistamines anyway...

Also, most drs and nurses say that antinausea meds help pain meds work faster and better. Well, that's what they SAY.

Best wishes,
Dorothy.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Please help this site run smoothly by reading and and following the rules.

DISCLAIMER: This website is intended to provide a forum for the free exchange of information only. The maintainer of this site (Ronda Solberg) in no way sponsors, supports or condones any of the advice given herein, nor supports the use of any medication, supplement, herb, substance or program, except pursuant to a licensed medical practitioner's care. In no way does the maintainer of this site advocate the use of any illegal medication, herb, supplement or other substance or the importation, distribution or sale thereof. Persons who have any question about the legality of any action that they are planning to take are advised to consult an attorney.

The views and opinions of posters to this web site do not necessarily state or reflect the opinion of this site's maintainer. Likewise, the maintainer of this site will not be held responsible for the availability or content of the sites linked to by this site, nor warrants or guarantees the information described or offered at these sites. Furthermore, migrainepage.com nor the maintainer of migrainepage.com does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, medicine, or process mentioned on this web site.

Questions or problems regarding this bulletin board should be directed to Webmaster
©1997-1999 by DCScripts. All rights reserved.